Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Reruns

Photobucket

Well, gentle readers, I’m outta here for the rest of the month. In a few short days, I’ll be hopping on a plane with Impy & Chimpy to visit all our wonderful East Coast friends ‘n’ family. Computer access – and time to write, for that matter – will be in short supply, so I figured I’d put up some delicious summer reruns for now. These are some of my favorites, all summer-themed in one way or another. Read ’em up. If you haven’t seen it, it’s new to you!

Red, White . . . Blue
Some people have ironically melancholy Valentines Days. I have ironically melancholy Fourths of July.

The Pennsylvania We Never Found
Visiting my childhood home with my own kids, I remember the initial promise and reality of “farm” life.

Fling One and Fling Two
Two summer flings remembered – one heavy, one light. Grab some orange popsicles and lemonade and enjoy.

Beach Tale
Observing a young, wacky couple in what could only be the earliest stages of love.

New Twilight Novella: the Ultimate Clueless Mom Fantasy
I know, summer’s here and you’re probably up to your eyeballs in Twilight hype/criticism by now. But this essay is about the new novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner – which is to the Twilight saga what Fire Walk With Me was for “Twin Peaks.” Hopefully there’s something in there for Twilight lovers and haters, alike.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails